Service & Maintenance
JCT Mechanical started as a service company, so it is something we have been doing for nearly twenty years. We have grown into other areas of the heating and cooling industry, but we have always maintained the highest quality service department.
Equipment Maintenance is the key to long system life. An easy way to think about this is in terms of cars. In southern California, let’s face it: It’s HOT! Most people run their air conditioning year round or close to year round. Running an air conditioning system in southern California is roughly the equivalent of driving a car over 55,000 miles in one year.
Would you drive your car 55,000 miles without ever getting maintenance done on it? Only if you like to pay higher fuel prices, higher repair costs, or maybe even a new car every couple of years!
Air conditioning maintenance is the same. Regular system maintenance helps to reduce heating and cooling costs and keeps the system in check so that costly repairs stay at a minimum.
All major manufacturers suggest routine preventative maintenance be performed for the purpose of maintaining your equipment’s limited warranty and to maintain peak efficiency and performance.
JCT Mechanical’s regular system maintenance is easy with our Gold Service Club. The Gold Service Club is a service agreement that entails us coming to your home twice a year, in the spring/summer and in the fall/winter, to perform system maintenance, all at one price annually. The following is what will be done during the system maintenance:
- Clean condenser coil and check for damage
- Clean debris from inside of condenser
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Test compressor and motors for proper voltage
- Check and lubricate blower and condenser fan motors (if required)
- Clear condensate drain
- Remove debris from emergency pan (if equipped)
- Check float switch operation and accuracy
- Inspect accessible plenums and ducts for air leaks or damage
- Clear condensate drains
- Test emergency heat (heat pumps)
- Test defrost cycle (heat pumps)
- Check refrigerant pressures (heat pumps)
- Test compressor and motors for proper voltage and amp draw (heat pumps)
- Check and lubricate condenser fan (if required)(heat pumps)
- Inspect and clean heat exchanger and burners
- Test for natural or propane gas leaks (gas furnaces)
- Test for carbon monoxide (gas furnaces)
- Test thermostat operation and accuracy
- Inspect accessible plenums and ducts for air leakage or damage
- Inspect air filters (does not include media filters, cleaning electronic air cleaners, or UV lights)
Our Gold Service Club has many benefits:
- Improves efficiency, which can help you save money on utility bills
- Helps extend equipment life
- Peace of mind with routine safety checks
- Priority service for service calls
- Discounts on repairs of 15% while a Gold Service Member